The Resume Builder
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
Create a Resumein Minutes
2724 Kessler Underpass,Houston,TX
+1 (555) 657 4121
Construction Manager Intern
- Coursework and/or work experience in civil or transportation engineering
- Characteristics that would benefit a construction crew
- Assist with current projects, deadlines, scheduling and priorities during the Internship
- Complete an Intern rotation to understand the roles/positions of the department
- Interact with Construction and Design professionals to build an in-depth understanding of real-world construction methods and challenges
- Gain familiarity with typical construction tasks, including construction services procurement, contract award and buy-out, and the creation of RFI’s, AIA industry-standard documents, and contract documents
- Understand the contributions and responsibilities of the Development and Investments teams throughout the life of a project
- Accomplish daily operations of construction with the Design and Construction Team
- Assist with data collection, input, verification, and manipulation
- Support Construction of facilities and infrastructure, project controls, procurement and document management
- Assist on projects involving Design and Construction systems and applications (as appropriate depending on major)
- Utilize your knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to complete your assigned tasks in a team environment
- Lead your own projects, as assigned, and present your results to the team
- Results oriented and self-motivated, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform analysis and interpret results into actionable steps
- Effective information gathering, presentation and cross functional skills
- Strong organizational skills and hardworking attitude
- Support Construction Team in the field through assistance, coordination and distribution of information required to construct the project on time, within budget and to quality standard
- Coordinate and inspect contractor work across a variety of new projects with the goal of ensuring they meet established schedule, budgetary, and quality agreements
- Participate in and occasionally lead construction meetings, track change order requests and problem issues, and prepare and distribute project status reports
- Contribute feedback aimed at improving the operational success of the projects, including improved safety, cost control, and environmental effectiveness
- Assist with obtaining information and approvals for processing shop drawings and submittals
- Assist in the Design and Construction portions of a project under supervision of an experienced professional
- Disseminate Construction information to appropriate parties
- Assist in the preparation of contract items list
- Prepare Design and Construction related calculations to support drawings and visual aids
Everglades University - Sarasota Campus
1999 - 2004
Engineer's Degree in Construction Management
- Advanced Excel skills and basic Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research skills
- The ability to quickly pick up new skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Become familiar with our mold and remediation process while assisting with customer service claims and providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objective
- Experience and proficiency using the internet and Microsoft Office Suite of products
Create a Construction Intern Resume
How to write Construction Intern Resume
Construction Intern role is responsible for research, basic, microsoft, design, purchasing, auditing, procurement, training, finance, retail.
To write great resume for construction intern job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Construction Intern Resume
The section contact information is important in your construction intern resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Construction Intern Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your construction intern resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous construction intern responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular construction intern position you're applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Construction Intern resume experience can include:
- Work with experienced associates in the actual development of new residential communities
- Analyzing data; compiling and distributing reports
- Conducting research among respective disciplines
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results
- Understanding or knowledge within construction industry or in a residential trade role
- Building plans, materials and specifications
Education on a Construction Intern Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your construction intern resume.If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your construction intern experience.For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Construction Intern Resume
When listing skills on your construction intern resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical construction intern skills:
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to work in spread sheets, word processors, etc
- Learn from our team environment effective communication, coordination of activities, and effective problem solving
- Completes short-term store training designed to gain experience and perspective in retail store operations
- Work with experienced associates in the actual building of single family homes from foundation to completion
- To experience the office environment
- Learn to demonstrate the highest level of customer satisfaction for our customers when they have warranty issues
List of Typical Experience For a Construction Intern Resume
Experience For Road Construction Intern Resume
- Assist with monitoring and forecasting project budgets, contracting costs, and actual money spent
- Assist with quality control evaluations tracing and filing
- Performs accounting activities with assistance
- Performs estimating functions as requested with assistance
- Assist with contract administration, project correspondence, and document control of engineering drawings
Experience For Construction Managment Intern Resume
- Communicate and respond to client request
- Active involvement in a student or community organization
- Inspect and document work performed by contractors and subcontractors
- Inspect contractor equipment and construction operations
- Maintain timely, accurate, and complete project documentation
Experience For Intern Construction Managment Resume
- Potentially work with homeowners to resolve any open issues after the home has been built
- Perform community clean up items as needed in inventory homes, models and homesites
- Potentially work with our internal customers to resolve any open issues after the community has been built
- Learn what it takes to plan and design a residential community
- Coordinates project activities with direct supervision from Project and/or Operations Manager
- Assist with project related tasks on construction projects that include, assessing project requirements, implementing processes and analyzing project performance
- Assist with obtaining project data to establish engineering schedules
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell Safety standards
- Ensure material quality
List of Typical Skills For a Construction Intern Resume
Skills For Road Construction Intern Resume
- Assist with preparing and updating project schedule and interact with all involved in scheduling decision processes
- The permitting and building inspection process through the local jurisdiction(s)
- Familiarize yourself with learning the overall homebuilding process
- Perform quantity tracking and productivity analysis for maximization of operation efficiency
- Assist with evaluation of field conditions and acceptance testing
- Apply survey knowledge to assist with project layout and checking of work to confirm work is in conformance with plans and specifications
- Proper scheduling and quality improvement systems
- Customer satisfaction programs including all customer points of contact
- Into research and problem solving
Skills For Construction Managment Intern Resume
- Become familiar with processes to ensure that subcontractors are managed and continually evaluated on quality, safety, scheduling and cost control measures
- Become familiar with the construction scheduling process to ensure the quality product is delivered on time and within budget
- Participate in maintaining processes and files appropriately for customer service
- Acquire an understanding of the Taylor Morrison Warranty Program and Homeowner Maintenance requirements through exposure to this process
- Tight time schedules with overlapping deadlines
- Work involves long, flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work any shift including nights and weekends
Skills For Intern Construction Managment Resume
- Provide document control assistance for correspondence, submittals, etc
- Review project drawings and shop drawings for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate with subcontractors and verify contract payments
- All Meritage processes required to build our homes
- Storm water pollution prevention and safety programs
- The Meritage Green System
- The Meritage Customer Service program
- Work independently and as part of a team on a variety of tasks concurrently / flexibility necessary
Skills For Construction Inspection Intern Resume
- Prepare bid packages, scope and level bid proposals
- Develop and maintain project matrices for historical data
- Assist with drawing & document coordination and reviews. This would entail keeping project documents organized, and distributing documents to all parties involved as well as reviewing documents for completeness
- The desire to expand their base knowledge of construction and gain exposure to new areas of the business
- Read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals, estimates and other regularly encountered items
- A great writer (creative & technical)
- Willingness to take on a full range of tasks; ability to multi-task
- Proficient in social media tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Skills For Intern, Construction Resume
- Paid Internship: Yes- hourly rate, 40 hrs/week
- Learn how to develop and maintain positive subcontractor relations
- Learn the site safety program and ensure subcontractor compliance with Company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations
- Become familiar with providing a superior level of customer service during various phases of construction that might include pre-construction meetings, new home demonstration/delivery, and post-close warranty issues. Ensure buyers are satisfied with the construction process
- Exposure to adversarial situations
- Exposure to traffic hazards, construction equipment, and inclement weather
- Work occurs outdoors 50% or more of the time
Skills For Life Sciences Construction Intern Resume
- Occasional overnight or extended travel
- Exposure to traffic hazards, construction equipment, dust, noise, and inclement weather
- Work occurs outdoors more than 50% of the time
- Visits to field construction sites to work with site superintendents, installation technicians and/or electricians to learn where improvements can be made in the process
- Supports initiatives specifically involving renovation and remodeling (general construction) in an open site environment
- Work with the electrical, construction planning and construction teams to develop and institute process improvement documentation
- Vehicle shuttling as needed
- Work with construction management staff and marketing to develop project write-ups and photo library
- Production/Invoice tracking and verification
Skills For Construction Manager Intern Resume
- Conducts pre-bid meetings, analyzes bids, and is responsible for quality control by “on site” inspections and testing
- Plot cross sections and profiles using field survey data
- Perform engineering calculations associated with highway construction projects
- Check quantities of aggregates and other materials being placed
- Modify engineering drawings
Skills For Innovative Construction Solutions Intern Resume
- Assist the Director and Managers of Construction and Electrical with imminent issues that need follow up with other teams
- Adheres to Bloom and department policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily schedule is required
- Construction inspection and documentation
- Assist in schedule review
- Review and organize project documents
- Help maintain reference materials
- Biweekly ride outs with Construction Techs to review field projects
Skills For Construction Cost Review Intern Resume
- Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions,
- Assists Project Managers on multiple construction projects throughout a diverse geographical region
- Interpret contract plans and specifications for construction projects
- Inspect and document work performed by contractors
- Perform checks on quality and quantity of materials
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates and technical reports
Skills For Construction Co-op Intern Resume
- Assist with construction survey work
- Record data and check field notes for accuracy
- Assemble and summarize bid items, draft specifications, and other reports
- Review project documents for compliance
- Read, comprehend, and interpret contract plans and specifications for roadway construction projects
- Monitor project traffic control for public safety and contract compliance
Related to Construction Intern Resume Samples
Architectural InternResume Sample
•Excellent detailing skills•Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, SketchUp, AutoCad, Revit•Prepare and revise technical reports and construction documents•Related experience is required•Produces design ideas, concepts and speci...
•Excellent computer skills, with the abilit...
•Strong communication skills, team player w...
•Good communication skills and the ability ...
Construction ApprenticeResume Sample
•Assists in attaching pipe, T’s, risers, etc•Annual leave – negotiable, but typically 20 days•Access to many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance scheme...
•Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a s...
•Experience in commercial carpentry
•Able to operate a personal computer, eithe...
Construction DirectorResume Sample
•Correlate team member’s new ideas and help in implementing new policies and procedures•Develop business leads and opportunities to help further the firm’s financial and business goals•Travels to any domestic or international location as necessary to fulfill items listed a...
•Excellent communication skills; effective ...
•Highly organized and detailed oriented wit...
•Strong analytic and problem-solving skills...
•Interface with rig contractor, operator and other service companies to improve efficiencies in drilling operations. Represent the Company and the Operator’s best interests through accurate, professional, effective, in-depth interaction with pertinent personnel by demonstrating current industry level of expertise&n...
•Strong interpersonal, customer service, ve...
•Decision making & prioritising: the abilit...
•Have had prior experience managing HPHT we...
Manager PlantResume Sample
•Experience with concrete and related products•Always present a professional appearance in accordance with the American Concrete dress code•Answer phone in a professional manner•Work closely with Customer Service Manager•De...
•Manage the total operation of the feed pro...
•Strong strategic thinking, problem solving...
•Demonstrate good analytical and reporting ...
•Filling in, in absence of Horticulture Manager, supervising Operator 1 & 2, Maintenance Technicians and laborers•Operating a variety of maintenance equipment as needed•Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of the paint locker•Supervise housekee...
•Demonstrate good leadership skills includi...
•Demonstrated sound, assertive, positive le...
•Excellent verbal and written communication...
What are the duties of a construction intern? ›
Student duties during an internship
Organizing project documentation to ensure the relevant documentation is available for meetings. Assisting with the development of requests forms. Coordinating activities with contractors, consultants and architects. Planning, budgeting and scheduling activities for the project.
- Review the internship job description. ...
- Research the organisation. ...
- Include your name and contact information. ...
- Write an objective statement. ...
- Highlight your skills. ...
- Include your work experience (optional) ...
- Describe your achievements. ...
- Include your educational qualifications.
The primary objective of the academic internship program is to provide CM students with an opportunity to observe and/or participate in all aspects of construction management that are typically encountered in the construction work place.What are construction job duties? ›
Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools. Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment. Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites. Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding. Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.What is the difference between project intern and intern? ›
Internship is where you work as a junior to get real work experience (paid, scholarship, unpaid depends on your situation). Project work is about being assigned to a project. You'd be working with and helping out senior employees with their work in whatever ways you can help.