Become an Expert on Sino-American Relations with a Master’s in International Relations – Chinese Strategic Thought Degree Online!
If you’re interested in the intersection of international relations and Chinese affairs, the Master of Science (MS) in International Relations – Chinese Strategic Thought program may be the perfect fit for you. This program is designed to help equip you with a comprehensive understanding of Chinese strategic thought and how it influences the global landscape. You can gain the expertise needed to consult and advise on the many China-related issues and challenges the United States is currently facing and may face in the future.
This degree in Chinese political affairs can help equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career that involves analyzing China’s worldwide influence, aspirations, and potential dangers they pose to the democratic world. Additionally, this degree in Chinese affairs can help provide you with the preparation needed to work in various government sectors, such as public policy, national security, or a related field.
Whether you are interested in working for a domestic or an international organization, our international Chinese affairs degree can help you succeed! With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will also study how to best develop and apply policies and practices that are relevant to China.
Why Choose Liberty’s MS in International Relations – Chinese Strategic Thought?
Liberty’s master’s in international relations China degree is a unique program that offers students a deep understanding of Chinese international strategy and its implications for global relations. By enrolling in this program, you can gain a competitive edge in the job market and be well-prepared for a variety of career paths, including government, international organizations, or private sector positions.
At Liberty, we recognize the current and future trends in government and international relations and have developed this degree to speak to the need for experts in this area. Through this program, you can explore rich academic literature on topics related to China. This can help pave the way for you to become an expert on Chinese strategic thought and can open new doors for you.
Additionally, Liberty University is an excellent choice for students who want a top-quality education with the flexibility of an online format. Our 100% online courses allow you to balance your commitments to your family, church, and community while preparing for your future. As a Christian university, Liberty is dedicated to providing a comprehensive education that integrates faith and learning. Our accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) ensures that your degree will be recognized by employers and other institutions.
What Will You Learn in theOnline International Relations Master’s in Chinese Strategic Thought?
In this US-China policy degree program, you can learn about Chinese strategic thought, its historical development, and its impact on international relations. You will also study contemporary issues in China’s foreign policy, including its relations with the United States, Europe, and other critical actors in the global landscape. Additionally, you will explore key theoretical concepts in international relations and how they apply to China.
Your classes will allow you to collaborate and discuss Chinese policy with professors and peers. In addition, you can learn how to craft policy that will not only benefit our nation but also protect the interests of our allies and the free enterprise system. Furthermore, your studies will expand beyond China to the Middle East and other factors in international relations, such as international law and policy.
You’ll also study international organizations that work in areas like politics, military, law, money, trade, health, and humanitarian aid. These groups play a key role in making sure people are safe and have their basic human rights protected. Gaining an understanding of how these organizations work can help you craft sound international policy and help open more opportunities for employment.
Lastly, our online master’s program in international relations offers the option of completing a thesis. By choosing this option, you can contribute your own research and ideas to the academic conversations around international relations. Throughout the thesis process, you’ll work closely with knowledgeable faculty who hold terminal degrees and have extensive experience in the field. With their guidance, you can produce research that makes an impact and pushes boundaries. If a thesis isn’t for you, you can instead choose elective courses and study the topics within international relations and government that most pique your interest.
- INTL 502 — Global Governance
- PPOG 506 — Introduction to Geopolitics and International Diplomacy
- PPOG 667 – Chinese Foreign Policy*
- PPOG 668 – Chinese and Western Strategic Thought*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Online Master’s Degree in US-China Foreign Policy
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree in international relations from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online international relations master’s has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete our online master’s degree in international Chinese affairs in as little as 1.5 years.
- Students in our MS in International Relations – Chinese Strategic Thought can benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from across the country.
- This Chinese global policy degree is 100% online, making it easier to balance your education with your current schedule.
- This degree can help you gain a competitive edge in the job market and pursue a variety of career paths in government, international organizations, or the private sector.
MS in International Relations Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses.
Apply Now Request Info
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as aFirst Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for International Relations – Chinese Strategic Thought Master’s Graduates
After completing your master of international studies China policy degree online, you can pursue multiple careers. Many positions require full-time work in an office, although you might have to travel for international relations jobs. The majority of careers in this field are related to the federal government or professional research services. Here are just a few of the roles you may be able to pursue:
- Defense industry professional
- Federal government employee
- Intelligence professional
- International business or finance consultant
- Lobbyist/advocacy professional
- Local, state, or federal government representative
- Military strategist
- Policy writer/journalist
- Public relations professional
- Researcher on China or East Asia
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in International Relations in Chinese Strategic Thought
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit ouradmission requirements pagefor more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.